Sunday, February 14, 2010

Flashmobs + Naked Men = ART

Did you know that flashmobs are an up and coming form of ART? Yeah, well, me neither.

Truthfully I absolutely LOVE Flashmobs. Especially the dancing ones. In Romania three dancers organized a flashmob event to conmemorate Micheal Jackson and put up a practice video on YouTube so people could learn the routine. After the original one in Stockholm, I think Romania really did a good job of bringing people together. My absolute favorite is the Japanese "Madonna" flashmob organized by Takahiro Ueno, who is a God amongst dancers.

Although...the gorgeous half naked men that Flashmobed in Rome in front of my favorite cafe one hot summer day might be competing for that 'favorites' title.....maybe that's why they are being called "art" with hundreds of Davids and Adonises re-illustrated live and in the flesh.........

But for more info on Flashmobs as an art form check out the article The Mob Rules from TIME magazine.

On a final note...I bring you naked men - in swimwear but whatever.



And for those who don't want to see naked (ok. half naked) men check out some wicked dancing moves! It gives breakdancing a whole new meaning.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to point out that this title is hilarious - exactly the kind of eye catching title blogs need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...have you seen Flash Mob in person? if so, I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if there have been any flash mobs in DC? I can see something happening in Dupont like they did with the snowball fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wawouh
    Honestly when I saw the first video I was not really impressed, we have seen this kind of stuffs billions of times.
    But when I fell on the show of good dancers in the street, I wanted to know more about this form of "happening art"

    Flashmobs, I learned sth today !
    Wonderful !

    ReplyDelete